Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Pottery Barn Kids" Dollhouse Bookshelf




A friend of mine inherited this from one of her friends whose husband built is to mimic the Pottery Barn Kids dollhouse bookshelf. When I got it, it was in excellent shape, just needed new paint. It came to me all white, with pink trim along the windows. After looking online, I decided to copy the PBK model and make the roof and window trim green. The PKB version has actual cutouts for the windows. I think this model looks fine without that feature, so I painted the "window panes" a grey-blue for a little bit of contrast.

My mom is trying to convince me to keep this for my daughter. And while I love it, I have learned to just say no to keeping things I do not have room for in my already crowded house!

No comments:

Post a Comment